The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will hold a construction open house from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at the Lakeshore Woman’s Club, 2352 Lakeshore Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32210. Project staff and consultants will be available to discuss improvements to S.R. 111 (Cassat Avenue) from Blanding Boulevard to Lenox Avenue.
The project includes the following improvements:
- Resurfacing the roadway
- Upgrading crosswalks to ADA standards
- Installing countdown pedestrian timers
- Removing on-street parking on a major portion of the project to add bicycle lanes
- Eliminating the northbound right turn lanes to Post Street and Lenox Avenue
- Removing one southbound travel lane on Cassat Avenue from San Juan Avenue to Blanding Boulevard to add buffered bicycle lanes while maintaining on-street parking
- Replacing JEA water main and adding new service connections
- Relocating the I-10 bridge pier protection wall
On northbound Cassat Avenue, no single lane closures will be permitted from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week; no total lane closures will be permitted from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week. On southbound Cassat Avenue, no single lane closures will be permitted from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. seven days a week; no total lane closures will be permitted from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
January 26, 2017 Public Meeting
Roads: State Road 111